Friday, December 10, 2004

BELIEFS v TIME....

When you believe in something, you make time for it.

This quote from the BUGS forum certainly struck a chord. Since September 15th I have been on no less than 10 demonstrations (roughly 1 per week!). I think you can all guess what they were about! (for those that are still scratching their heads they were all pro-hunting demos)

Every one involved either juggling around my schedule or skipping work to go along (luckily work were very supportive of my cause). When I have been on Fees demos I again skipped a work commitment at OTC to go along and walk through central London in the pissing rain (remember that one?) - it wouldn't have affected my year but I still went along to fight for future students.

When it comes to issues that are important to you then where there is a will to attend you will always find a way, be that getting up at 4.30am, blagging lifts or risking public transport..

Here endeth the sermon

Claire xxxx



© 2006 Liberty & Livelihood