Thursday, May 27, 2004
RESPONSES FROM MPS
Dear Claire
Thank you for your letter dated 23rd April on the subject of hunting.
My stance on this issue is well known and well documented and will continue because I believe consistency and integrity are important in politics.
I dispute your claim that 'The British public couldn't care less about it [hunting].
A MORI poll in November 2003 showed that 69% of those surveyed said fox hunting should not be legal.
I am puzzled when you say the issue is a waste of parliamentary time, 'there are far more urgent matters' and the issue of hunting 'pales into insignificance' and then end your letter by saying hunting is a highly important issue'!
I regret that your voting intentions are determined by this one issue but, of course that is your right.
Yours Sincerely
Helen Clark
My voting decision wouldn't of course have anything to do with the £9000 worth of debt to pay for my degree
Dear Claire
Thank you for your letter dated 23rd April, recieved on 28th April. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Hunting with dogs is one of the many issues I deal with. It takes up very little of my time other than responding to the very many letters I get from constituents calling for a ban. As I see it, it is a cruel and unnecessary practise and as such, I support a ban. This is simply the logical extension of my view that we should have a society that does not tolerate unneccessary suffering. I have spent far more time on issues like Iraq (as you may know I was a strong opponent of the war) and on campaigning against top up fees and I enclose some examples of the material that I have postedon my website of these two issues. Other issues that I spend much of my time working on include pensions and mental health - I am co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Groups on Mental Health and Pensioner incomes. Please do let me know if you would like me to send you further details on my work on these issues.
Best wishes,
Yours Sincerely
Lynne Jones MP
Funny no response from dearest Hellen Clark [sic] to my fax on the latest NOP poll results showing only 1% of Labour supporters wanted hunting as a main issue....
Thank you for your letter dated 23rd April on the subject of hunting.
My stance on this issue is well known and well documented and will continue because I believe consistency and integrity are important in politics.
I dispute your claim that 'The British public couldn't care less about it [hunting].
A MORI poll in November 2003 showed that 69% of those surveyed said fox hunting should not be legal.
I am puzzled when you say the issue is a waste of parliamentary time, 'there are far more urgent matters' and the issue of hunting 'pales into insignificance' and then end your letter by saying hunting is a highly important issue'!
I regret that your voting intentions are determined by this one issue but, of course that is your right.
Yours Sincerely
Helen Clark
My voting decision wouldn't of course have anything to do with the £9000 worth of debt to pay for my degree
Dear Claire
Thank you for your letter dated 23rd April, recieved on 28th April. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Hunting with dogs is one of the many issues I deal with. It takes up very little of my time other than responding to the very many letters I get from constituents calling for a ban. As I see it, it is a cruel and unnecessary practise and as such, I support a ban. This is simply the logical extension of my view that we should have a society that does not tolerate unneccessary suffering. I have spent far more time on issues like Iraq (as you may know I was a strong opponent of the war) and on campaigning against top up fees and I enclose some examples of the material that I have postedon my website of these two issues. Other issues that I spend much of my time working on include pensions and mental health - I am co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Groups on Mental Health and Pensioner incomes. Please do let me know if you would like me to send you further details on my work on these issues.
Best wishes,
Yours Sincerely
Lynne Jones MP
Funny no response from dearest Hellen Clark [sic] to my fax on the latest NOP poll results showing only 1% of Labour supporters wanted hunting as a main issue....
