Wednesday, May 19, 2004
MADNESS
National Hunt racing may soon be rebranded, omitting the reference to hunting, as part of a drive to promote the sport..
The British Horseracing Board (BHB) met on Monday to discuss ways to develop the sport, including calling it British Jump Racing.
A spokesman for the BHB says 'It's among a package of things to build on national hunt racing's strengths.'
Racing columnist Marcus Armytage says 'I see what they're saying but I don't agree. We shouldn't have to be politically correct with everything we do.
From Horse & Hound.
Proof that the world is going bonkers! If we can't even acknowledge the vital connection of hunting with other aspects of British life then what hope is there??
The British Horseracing Board (BHB) met on Monday to discuss ways to develop the sport, including calling it British Jump Racing.
A spokesman for the BHB says 'It's among a package of things to build on national hunt racing's strengths.'
Racing columnist Marcus Armytage says 'I see what they're saying but I don't agree. We shouldn't have to be politically correct with everything we do.
From Horse & Hound.
Proof that the world is going bonkers! If we can't even acknowledge the vital connection of hunting with other aspects of British life then what hope is there??
